Dammam Pharmaceuticals, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
The development of Dammam Pharma, an oral solids pharmaceutical facility in Saudi Arabia involved the design and construction of clean rooms, laboratories, offices, warehousing, plant area and utility buildings. It comprised of remodeling of an existing building, including addition of an extra floor, a significant new build extension and external utility buildings. Highlights of the works undertaken included demolition, steel structure, a highly complex M.E.P. installation, clean room construction, specialist floor finishes, cold room construction and laboratory furniture installation.
The construction planning of a pharmaceutical facility for Dammam Pharma in Saudi Arabia involved:
- Delivering a ‘turn-key’ from tablet manufacturing to packaging pharmaceutical plant
- Cleanroom and laboratory installations
- 800 tonnes of new structural steel along with all the associated process plant and MEP installations.
- Full commissioning, validation and handover
- Management of client direct installations
- Floor Area: 5,000 sq.m
- Construction programme: 15 months
- Main Contractor – Absal Paul