St Vincent’s Private Hospital
Hospital Construction planning and scheduling: New build on a live hospital campus
Saint Vincent’s University Hospital (SVUH) is a major academic teaching hospital, affiliated to University College Dublin, Ireland.
Saint Vincent’s University Hospital is the largest private hospital in Ireland. This new hospital building construct involved building 236 in-patient beds, 24 private consulting rooms with 30 day-care beds, 22 oncology day-care bays, specialist consulting rooms and diagnostic and treatment facilities. The building is now used to provide inpatient, day care and outpatient accommodation with medical and surgical treatment facilities for patients.
The new building is eight floors high with two basement levels. There are 230 car-parking spaces, located 200 metres from the existing hospital. Entrance to the new private hospital is via the St Vincent’s University Hospital Merrion Road entrance.
The new hospital building was built on a live hospital site.
Construction Planning management: St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- 288 bed Private Hospital – 4 no operating theatres, fully equipped
- Live hospital campus
- Approximate value: €161 million
- Floor Area: 44,500 sq.m
- Construction programme: 24 months
- Post Tensioned Concrete Frame
- Pre-fabricated bathroom pods and underground service tunnel
- Scope included full FF&E delivery with commissioning and validation
- Main contractor: John Paul Construction